DVPLT Scholarship Opportunity
In partnership with the Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs, the Delaware Valley Property & Liability Trust (DVPLT) is pleased to offer up to 20 full scholarships (limit two scholarships per member entity) for the following course:
Your Role as a Municipal Secretary/Administrator
Wednesday, October 4 and Thursday, October 5, 2023
9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Location: Delaware Valley Trusts, 719 Dresher Road, Horsham, PA
Description: Whether you’re new to the office of municipal secretary or have been around and are looking for a refresher, this class covers essential information to help municipal administrators better understand and be more effective in their role. Course registration includes two pre-recorded webinars to help with state report filing and basic planning & zoning administration. The course covers:
- Local government organization and function
- Important municipal codes
- Key functions of the secretary/administrator
- Municipal meetings
- Municipal legislation and governance
- Records management
- Citizen relations
- Reports and financial management
- Communicating with elected officials
- The Sunshine Act
- Professional resources
- Best practice
Cost: $150/PSAB members and $200/non-PSAB members. Lunch included. You must register directly with PSAB (see below).
How to Claim a DVPLT Scholarship:
(1) Property & Liability Trust (DVPLT) members should first contact the Trust to confirm availability and reserve your scholarship by emailing email@example.com or calling 267-803-5720.
(2) Register directly with PSAB by visiting training.boroughs.org or call Terri at 800-232-7722, Ext. 1042.
(3) After completing the course, forward proof of completion and payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) Upon approval, the Trusts will issue a reimbursement check for the value of the scholarship (up to two per member entity).
Scholarship questions? Please email email@example.com or call 267-803-5720.
This event is available to Property & Liability Trust members. Please login to register.