Benefit Plan Installation Coordinator
As a member of the Delaware Valley Health Trust Team, this position provides member services support through the implementation and installation of health benefit plans and other duties under the general supervision of the Operations Manager.
About the Organization:
The Delaware Valley Trusts is a fast growing organization that provides health, workers’ compensation and property and liability coverage to its public entity members. Our offices are conveniently located in Horsham, PA. The Delaware Valley Trusts are distinguished by generally providing broader coverage and exemplary claims and member service, including a wide range of value-added benefits, workshops and training opportunities for employees of its members.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Coordinate timely and accurate implementation and installation of new health benefit plans. This includes effectively collaborating and communicating with the Trust’s internal team, underwriter, vendors, member entity representatives, and other stakeholders;
- Provide timely feedback to management in order to be responsive to anticipated stakeholder needs and/or issues;
- Effectively communicate with member entity representatives to provide guidance and information on plan design options;
- Assist member entity representatives during the collective bargaining process with available options;
- Develop, conduct and participate in a variety of presentations to inform and educate management and employees about benefit plans changes and provide health plan orientations at member entity locations;
- Provide regular plan updates to team members during monthly team meetings;
- Regularly update and maintain health database information/records;
- Support continuous quality improvement including developing and/or refining processes to increase efficiency and improve member satisfaction in cooperation with Operations Manager;
- Prepare, review and distribute plan documentation to member entities including benefit summaries, Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC), and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD);
- Assist in preparing monthly reports for Health Trust Executive Committee meetings;
- Assist with open enrollment activities, health fairs, onsite member education and other Health Trust functions as needed;
- Exercise good judgment and initiative and carry out job functions under general supervision;
- Work effectively under time constraints to meet deadlines and manage a number of different tasks concurrently;
- Work with high level of accuracy and keen attention to details;
- Maintain privacy of personal health information at all times;
- Communicate effectively in writing, orally, and with others to understand and convey information in a manner consistent with job functions;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other departments, members, vendors, etc;
- Carry out job functions without posing a health or safety threat to self or others;
- Maintain acceptable attendance standards;
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical Demands of Job
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while working;
- Frequent hand, fingers and arm use and excellent eye-hand coordination;
- Occasionally perform activities involving walking, bending, squatting, reaching and climbing stairs;
- Occasionally stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to hear clearly and speak intelligibly;
- Ability to see and perform visual activities such as close-up paperwork, using a display monitor, reading and writing;
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field with an emphasis in business or finance is preferred with two years of experience in a health benefits plan implementation and installation role; or
- Five years of experience in a health benefits implementation and installation role; or
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position and required work;
- Experience in preparing and reviewing SBC’s, SPD’s and other health plan coverage documents;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations;
- Ability to effectively work independently and within a small team setting;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, along with many employer-paid benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, defined benefit retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, generous paid time off, short and long-term disability coverage, tuition assistance and other training and professional development opportunities. Our office dress code is business casual.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Delaware Valley Trusts are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply: If you are interested in exploring this career opportunity, please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Benefit Plan Installation Coordinator” in the email subject line.