IT Support Technician
As a member of the Delaware Valley Trusts’ Help Desk Team, this position provides technical support for the installation, repair and maintenance of personal computers, laptops, servers, workstations, and associated software and related hardware.
About the Organization:
The Delaware Valley Trusts is a fast growing organization that provides health, workers’ compensation and property and liability coverage to its public entity members. Our offices are conveniently located in Horsham, PA. The Delaware Valley Trusts are distinguished by generally providing broader coverage and exemplary claims and member service, including a wide range of value-added benefits, workshops and training opportunities for employees of its members.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Provide on-site and remote technical support for the Delaware Valley Trusts’ and its managed members during regular business hours. This support includes, but is not limited to, troubleshooting and training on devices such as personal computers, laptops, servers, mobile communications devices, audio visual equipment and other technology;
- Assist with fixed assets and inventory management;
- Ensure continuity of computer systems for all users;
- Respond to and document all service requests per established protocol;
- Coordinate and assist Trust staff and other departments and vendors on projects and processes as assigned by the IT Director;
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative and carry out job functions with or without direct supervision;
- Work effectively under time constraints to meet deadlines and manage several different tasks concurrently;
- Work accurately and with attention to detail;
- Maintain privacy of confidential records, correspondence and/or files;
- Communicate effectively in writing, orally, and with others to understand and convey information, in a manner consistent with job functions;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, Trust members, etc;
- Carry out job functions without posing a health or safety threat to self or others;
- Ability to work outside our standard operating hours on an occasional basis;
- Responsible for customer service support during “on-call” periods as assigned by IT Director;
- Maintain acceptable attendance standards.
Physical Demands of Job
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while working;
- Frequent hand, fingers and arm use and excellent eye-hand coordination;
- Occasionally perform activities involving walking, bending, squatting, reaching and climbing stairs;
- Occasionally stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to hear clearly and speak intelligibly;
- Ability to see and perform visual activities such as close-up paperwork, using a display monitor, reading and writing;
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- High School graduate or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent professional experience (2-4 years) in related field;
- Experience supporting the following technologies is required:
- Microsoft Office 365 / 2016 software;
- E-Mail Systems: Microsoft Exchange 2013 to 2016, and Office;
- Active Directory, Group Policies, and remote PC management, WAN/LAN technologies and associated routing and security.
- Cisco VPN technologies is preferred;
- CompTIA A+ or Networking Plus certification is preferred;
- MCSA (2012/2016) or MCTS certification or higher is preferred;
- Knowledge of Information Technology system principles, practices, and applications including word processing, spreadsheets, file management, printers, networks and operating systems;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to support users with various levels of IT knowledge and ability;
- Ability to utilize technology to provide creative solutions;
- Ability to successfully and effectively work independently and within a team structure;
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively in high stress situations;
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Primary: Delaware Valley Trusts, 719 Dresher Road, Horsham, PA.
- Various Member sites within Montgomery, Bucks, and Chester Counties
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, along with many employer-paid benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, defined benefit retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, generous paid time off, short and long-term disability coverage, tuition assistance and other training and professional development opportunities. Our office dress code is business casual.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Delaware Valley Trusts are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply: If you are interested in exploring this career opportunity, please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “IT Support Technician” in the email subject line.