Delaware Valley Trusts’ Phyllis Lieberman Women’s Trailblazer Scholarship Award
In December 2018, the Delaware Valley Trusts’ established the Phyllis Lieberman Women’s Trailblazer Scholarship to honor the late Phyllis Lieberman, a long-time manager of Whitpain Township and founding Executive Committee Member of the Delaware Valley Insurance Trust (now known as the Delaware Valley Property & Liability Trust). The purpose of the scholarship program is to promote the advancement of women in local governmental leadership.
The scholarship and application process was announced earlier this year. We received an overwhelming response, and as a result, the Executive Committee for each Trust agreed to increase their contribution in order to increase the number of scholarship awards from one to three. The Scholarship Committee, comprised of Trust Executive Committee members and Trustees, carefully reviewed all applications and selected three winners.
We are pleased to announce the following recipients of the 2019 Phyllis Lieberman Women’s Trailblazer Scholarship:
- Erica L. Batdorf, Township Manager, West Vincent Township
- E.J. Lee, Borough Manager, New Hope Borough
- Becki Wilhelm, Finance and Benefits Director, Warwick Township
Applications for the 2020 Phyllis Lieberman Women’s Trailblazer Scholarship will be available no later than March 2020. The scholarship is expected to be awarded annually on a competitive basis to qualified applicants currently employed by a governmental entity that is a member of one or more of the Delaware Valley Trusts (DVHT, DVWCT or DVPLT) and selected by the Delaware Valley Trusts’ Scholarship Committee. Please contact Carol Bigham, Director of Member Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Bob Solarz, Executive Director
Featured in this edition:
- Delaware Valley Trusts’ Phyllis Lieberman Women’s Trailblazer Scholarship Award
- Wellness Works: Healthy Gut, Healthy Everything
- MPOETC Adopts Policy on Medical Marijuana
- The Coverage Corner: Why Vaccinate Your Child
- New Opiate Exposure Control Training Resource for Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS
- Do I Need a Spotted Lanternfly Permit?
- Health Center CareHere App Makes Appointment Scheduling Easier!