The Delaware Valley Trusts is pleased to announce the addition of twelve (12) new Municipal Police Officers’ Education & Training Commission (MPOETC) approved courses to the DVT Online University offerings. The courses range from 1 to 1.5 hours in length and offer Continuing Law Enforcement Education credits. They include:
- Below 100: Reducing Law Enforcement Deaths
- Bloodborne Pathogens for Law Enforcement Officers
- Community Policing: Part 1
- Community Policing: Part 2
- De-Escalation and Communication: Part 1
- De-Escalation and Communication: Part 2
- Mental Health Overview: Awareness/Response for Law Enforcement
- Use of Force: An Overview
- Use of Force: Community Policing & Community Perceptions
- Use of Force: Decision Making and Judgment
- Use of Force: Ethical Considerations
- Use of Force: Liability and Reasonableness
The DVT Online University is a free online training resource available to Workers’ Compensation (DVWCT) and Property & Liability Trust (DVPLT) members. The University features over 250 topics including law enforcement. workplace health and safety, defensive driving, cyber security, employment liability, child safety for public employers, and employee development and leadership.
Featured in this issue:
- DVT Online University Adds MPOETC-Approved Courses
- Wellness Works: Fitness & Safety in the Summer Sun
- Protecting Workers During Roadside Mowing
- Police Department Accreditation – Is it Worth the Money?
- Health Trust Coverage Corner: What is an EOB?
- Health Trust Opioid Abuse Resource Guide